Color Material And Finish (CMF) Design Specialist / Lead
||The Lenovo Experience Design Group is a global group of highly skilled and talented people doing what we love, producing the very best designed world-class products. You will be an integral part of the team, working together across continents and cultures, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced and inspiring work environment. We’re looking to add fresh, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire infinite opportunities. We design and deliver technology products to a wide range of customers and use cases with brands such as: ThinkPad, Yoga, Ideapad, and our new Legion gaming products. By joining the Lenovo EDG team, you have the opportunity to make a difference and be challenged to create excellence.
As the Color, Materials & Finish Design Engineer, your role is focused on the identification, development and implementation of Color, Materials and Finishes, CMF, which is paramount to the success of the innovative Lenovo products. By harnessing technological trends, material innovations and new manufacturing process, you will be developing industry leading CMF solutions for our world class products using an integrated design, engineering, and business approach. You will play an important role in our overall global CMF team as part of an eclectic mix of great designers and craftspeople.
■Overall Role Responsibilities
As the CMF design engineer you will:
- Identify key technological trends that drive innovative design and cutting edge CMF solutions.
- Craft the CMF design strategy across all Lenovo product lines and customer targets Support all phases of our CMF Pipeline: strategic identification, technical development and implementation
- Drive innovation of new color, material & finish techniques
- Ensure adherence to processes for specifications, color management and quality standards
- Help maintain a color material library for both inspiration and standardization Engaging directly with suppliers, and organizing supplier workshops and prototyping activities.
- Collaborate closely with designers and engineering teams to innovate, develop and implement solutions.
- Travel globally to interact with the global Lenovo Design team, suppliers, and product development teams.
- High sensitivity to color, aesthetics, and materiality, and the ability to translate technological trends into feasible CMF solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to share technical information to a non-technical audience
- Understand latest CMF technologies and manufacturing processes and how to best implement them
- Proficient knowledge and experience in wide variety of materials and manufacturing processes, including but not limited to: plastic, coatings, metals, and composite technologies
- Organizationally minded, motivated to collect and maintain material samples to exemplify new CMF opportunities
- Capability and experience using standard CMF color calibration and verification testing equipment
||■Must have - Essential
- A Bachelor of Science degree in related field or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 6+ years of relevant experience in CMF Design Engineering.
- Portfolio that demonstrates cutting edge CMF innovations, development and implementations. Ability to travel to international sites.
- Good verbal and written skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office
■Good to have - Desirable
- Strong curiosity for new technologies and material innovations
- Passionate design minded engineer, maker and problem solver
- Highly driven, self-initiated and proactive team player
- Proven ability to perform in a fast paced environment, and to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to communicate thoughtful, strategic and professional solutions
- Optimistic "Can Do!" attitude.
- Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal teams and direct business contacts to achieve short- and long-term goals.