Advisory Image Quality Development Lead
||■ About Organization
Organization name: Smarter Component Center of Competency (CoC)
- Report to : Director
- Subordinates : Advanced camera lead, SOC/Companion chip lead, image quality engineer
- Number of Peers : 10
■ Roles and Responsibilities
You will join the Smart Component Center of Competency (CoC) team in Lenovo PC product group. As a Camera/Image quality expert you will be responsible for image/video quality tuning, new design standard and qualification, and next generation design.
You will be working with a group of experienced colleagues on one or Camera, Sensors, and computer Vision in Yamato lab (Yokohama). You will participate regular team meetings, brainstorming sessions, join team building events, and other company activities. You will have opportunities to contribute to the business by solving actual technical problems with innovative ideas.
■ Basic Qualifications
• BS degree in CS, CE, EE or related field with strong background for imaging or camera IQ processing techniques.
• Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading & Writing)
• Experience in image sensor, optical design and camera subsystem design & development
• 5 or more years in related industry experience with good track record of delivering high quality solutions to customers
• The imaging design lead supports design, validation, and trouble shooting of imaging solutions.
• The candidate must show a strength in two or more areas of imaging, and a demonstrated eagerness and ability to learn all the other parts of the imaging system. The candidate should have strong skills in math and physics.
• The candidate must have a in depth algorithmic knowledge Noise or most of the 3As of Imaging: Auto White Balance, Auto Exposure and/or Auto Focus. S/he will be involved in those areas on a day to day basis to come up with new algorithms, new design approach or improvements to those algorithms or design to help foster a best in class imaging solution focusing on video user scenarios (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc).
• The candidate must evaluate and implement Image Quality focused development of QC /mtk, Intel and other industry ISP platforms(MIPI & USB solutions), be familiar with integration of camera algorithms on mobile or PC embedded systems pipeline, and ensure the image quality optimization of the integration for product.
• Familiar with DxO, VCX or other industry standard and related objective performance/quality measurement tools
• The candidate must have excellent documentation skills, work well in a team environment, and respond to a dynamic development cycle
■ Preferred Qualifications
• Fluent in Japanese language, but not required
• Programming skills in one or more languages like Java, Python, C, C++ or MATLAB
• Familiar with one or more development systems like Windows, Android, Linux or real time embedded
■ Key Interaction with:
• R&D Team in Yokohama (Japan)
• R&D Team in Beijing, Shanghai (China)
• R&D Team in Morrisville (US)
• Technology partner and key supplier in Japan, China and US (I mage sensor, lens, ISP, module supplier, image testing supplier)
||■ Must Have – essential
- BS degree in CS, CE, EE or related field with strong background for imaging or camera IQ processing techniques
- 5 or more years in related industry experience with good track record of delivering high quality solutions to customers
- Imaging solutions design, validation and troubleshooting
- In depth algorithmic knowledge for noise or most of the 3As of imaging: auto white balance, exposure and auto focus.
- Image quality tuning and objective testing
■ Good to have - desirable
- Development experience on Windows, Android and Linux
- Image quality benchmark tools (IMATEST, DXO, VCX etc)
- Programming skill (Java, Python, C, C++, MATLAB)
- Japanese language