Mobile Business Group
The purpose of this role is to support, Co-ordinate, plan, execute and report on Japan Product Operations deliverables, interfacing with global product operations in consolidating requirements, tender submission materials, ranging cycles, NPI launch process support, interfacing with product software/ hardware teams and Supply chain ensuring Japan needs are facilitated and captured.
Also responsible to handle customer & stakeholder engagement, manage internal & customer relationship, building confidence & trust, ensure project progress arranging meetings & PJ events.
This role mainly interfaces Japanese Mobile Operators’ product planning and project management groups. On some occasions will interface with Japanese MVNO’s as well.
This role is also responsible of managing Japan carrier project team consisting of SW/HW technical account managers, and engineering team.
It will be expected to develop and execute technology and product strategies by:
• Understanding the mobile network operator, mobile virtual network operator and retail business in Japan
• Support the development of retail and operator account plans with Sales and Marketing teams
• Optimizing the lifecycle of the products by planning spins, refreshes etc. around new product introductions as required
• Articulating Lenovo principles and promote Moto and Vibe products and experiences
• Presenting regular operator account and technology roadmaps to key accounts
• Working with sales & marketing team to support product Go To Market (GTM) plans for carrier and retail channel ensure a drumbeat is place, ensuring analysis of Total Available Market (TAM) and competitors are included
• Define and optimize in-box items and promotional packages by channel, operator, or market
• Support selling in propositions for key enablers important to the Lenovo MBGs strategy
• Support to develop and expand Motorola Content and Value-added services strategy and execute.
• Support training plans for Carrier and retail channels
||■KNOWLEDGE / EXPERTISE
• Technical Skills around mobile device development is highest priority
• Communication and presentation skills
• Mobile or IT industry
• Knowledge of Motorola and Lenovo - preferable
• Provides input into development of business products/services; understands and follows multi-business protocols
• Program management Skills
• Often leads others in their development; provides input to policies and practices
• Develops business solutions and directly addresses financial issues resulting in profitable revenue growth for Lenovo MBG with • Moto and Vibe products; able to coordinate and present complete, complex solutions that meet customer needs and beat competition
• Market / Customer Knowledge
• Acts as a resource to customers and APAC GTM based on intimate knowledge of relevant industries and needs
• Minimum 5 years Industry experience in Telecommunications industry, either manufacturer or Carrier
• Minimum 2 device development projects either in manufacturer or carrier.
• Technical /Marketing qualifications preferred but not essential
• Fluent English communication is essential.
■SOLUTION COMPLEXITY / STRATEGIC THINKING
• Nature of Problems Solved
• Solves complex problems which may require unique solutions (e.g unique applications of existing technologies) that are used across the business in similar situations
• Role in Addressing Problems
• Leads problem resolution, identifies appropriate resources, develops contingency plans
• Complexity of Solutions
• Typically, medium to high complexity; has several complex projects, all which require unique coordination of technical resources; multi-country issues may be involved