Technical Operation Project Manager
Technical Operation Project Manager is positioned in Lenovo Yokohama (Yamato) Lab to work together with the global ThinkPad portfolio / marketing / engineer team. We belong to the Commercial Product Solution Development BU.
- Report to : Manager, but often requires to report to Director and VPs.
- Subordinates : None
- Number of Peers : None
■Roles and responsibilities
The R&R of the position is fairly diverse. It can be supporting the resource assessment work to taking initiatives to change the existing process for efficiency. The candidate is required to have extreme resiliency, flexibility, and agility as the work is often not clearly defined in process.
With such R&R, the candidate is also required to be very self-motivated & leading and be very proactive and predictive.
What R&R can be expected (but not limited to).
1. To support the engineers to solve cross-platform issues with the portfolio manager.
2. To support and coordinate the resource plan not only Lenovo but other subsidiary companies.
3. To understand stakeholder relationship and power-balance to manage the stakeholder efficiently.
4. Self-driven to take initiatives to solve technical / business issues outside of the given R&R without clear directions.
5. Leadership mindset to pick issues fallen between functions without clear ownership.
6. To continue to improve the execution efficiency as well as organizational transformation.
■Key Interaction with:
- Product engineers (in Japan and PRC)
- Product marketing (in the US)
- VPs (in Japan, US, PRC)
||Must Have – essential
1. Have worked in Consumer / Commercial electrical device industries more than 5 years.
2. Have project management positions in product marketing / development / operations.
1. English (business) and Japanese (Business).
2. Presentation / communication skill to analyses and simplify the issues to propose solutions to the senior management.
3. Agility to intercept the fast-moving market momentum.
4. Resilient to execute the business under pressure.
Good to have - desirable
1. Have worked in the marketing areas to understand the marketing mix (3C/4P, etc.)
2. PC device, IoT, AI, IT solution knowledge.
3. Have gone through a major cooperate restructure and took a part in.
1. Chinese (Business)