Data Center Group
Microsoft SQL Business Development Manager
This role will work directly with Lenovo account managers, Channel Partners (distributors and resellers) to drive impactful activity with the aim of providing a return on investment and helping to grow market share with Microsoft SQL/CSP with Lenovo solutions.
Responsibilities and Activity focus:
The responsibilities of the Microsoft SQL Server/CSP Sales Specialist will evolve with the needs of the role, core responsibilities will include:
• Work with Lenovo and channel partners to integrate Microsoft SQL/CSP with Lenovo offerings into all sales activities and to accelerate reach across all segments.
• To be the SPOC (Single Point of Contact) for Lenovo teams and channel partners for pre-sales technical questions regarding Microsoft SQL Server and CSP offerings on Lenovo servers.
• Scour existing opportunity pipelines at all levels to ensure Microsoft SQL Server licenses are included and to work with sales teams to include them wherever possible.
• Work with the existing Lenovo and Microsoft network to ensure that all channel partners have completed all necessary training/enablement for Microsoft SQL / Lenovo solutions.
• Build up Microsoft CSP with Lenovo teams, and investigate to contract indirect partner.
• Support the execution of GTM plans with channel partners and ensure that the partners execute these plans within the agreed timescales.
• Identify trends in partner markets/competitor activity, anticipate long-term programme needs and propose creative programmes or solutions.
• Provide input into the weekly/monthly/quarterly (Rhythm of the Business) ROB and reporting with relevant examples and data points.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Achievement of Revenue goals as shared by Lenovo/Microsoft management
• Achievement of targets set each quarter for SQL sales, pipeline OS Attach, partner breadth and others as deemed necessary
• Execution of responsibilities and activities as above
||Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
1) Essential Experience -
Experience in a partner or vendor related sales role in IT industry.
• Extensive relevant commercial experience in sales roles with proven success
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Enterprise selling via CSP would be an advantage
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, delivering against multiple projects effectively & accurately.
• Proven ability to build and drive strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence internally and externally
• Ability to Prioritise activities in line with goals.
• Good Knowledge of the overall IT industry and market including the channel.
2) Technical/Functional Skills –
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration including high availability, disaster recovery, performance optimizations, and virtualization
• Knowledge of SQL Server licensing including versions, editions, virtualization, and Azure SQL offerings
• Experience of working in the channel would be a key advantage to be successful in this role.
• Core sales skills / good interpersonal and communication skills
• Core presentation skills / confidence
• Proven numeric ability
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills -
• Ability to work across teams in multi level environments
• Ability to manage a large and fluctuating workload with multiple priorities, deadlines and contacts in a fast-paced environment
• Great verbal, telephone and written communication skills
• Very strong team player but with ability to work on own initiative
• Customer focused, and Customer satisfaction oriented
• Fast learner, diligent, ambitious, and persistent—in other words, someone that welcomes a challenge.
• Be agile, willing to learn and adapt based on changing circumstances
4) Qualifications -
• 5+ years sales experience ( preferably in new business development , rather than traditional account management)
• Both verbal and written English in reasonable level.
• Ability, within reason, to work outside normal hours as dictated by business requirements i.e. partner and event travel.