Japan Services Finance Controller
||■ About Lenovo F&A and this role
Lenovo F&A (管理財務部) houses a variety of roles from FP&A・Controller (経営管理), to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury/AR, offering a wide variety of skill and career development opportunities.
Japan Service Finance Controller works to support Japan Service Operations which is a strategic function for the NEC Lenovo Japan Group with on the ground operations. S/he will be the primary finance partner to the Service Operations GM, helping drive a combined CX (customer experience) and cost excellence goal. S/he champions the business process control (discipline and framework), drives effectiveness and efficiency in reporting/analysis, providing timely and high-quality financial support to enable sound business decision making. S/he will work heavily with both Japan and AP Service Operations and its finance teams, as well as Japan FP&A, WW Accounting.
■ About Organization
- Report to: ROW/AP Service Finance Leader
- Accountable to: Japan Service Operations GM, Japan CFO
- Subordinates: 2
- Number of Peers: approximately 5-6; Segment/Function Controllers and FP&A in Japan
■ Roles and responsibilities (not limited to, but as an illustration)
- Develop financial forecasts, track the actual performance, analyze the variances, and provide recommendations to the Japan Services Operation GM / Japan leadership team / AP Service leaders.
- Control resource, expenses and inventory to optimize the financial returns.
- Implement quality processes and effective controls to ensure proper financial statements are prepared and sound business operations are executed.
■ Key Interaction with:
- WW Service Operation Finance team and AP Services Operation Finance team
- Japan CFO, Japan FP&A team and WW accounting team
- Japan Service Operation GM, Japan Service Operation team
||Must Have – essential
5-10+ years of experience in working in management accounting.
Working Experience at international environment, with global team(s), matrix organization, and/or in mixed cultures.
Positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
Tenacity and strong penetration into details.
Open to learn, adopt to new challenges, maturity to work in both advanced and primitive environment.
Advanced/business level English and Japanese.
Strong MS Excel/Powerpoint skills (processing/visualization).
Good to have – desirable
Experience in financial accounting and internal controls.
Experience working at Japanese-affiliated company.
Systems and also specific application (e.g., SAP, Qliksence, Power BI) experience, or ability to adopt is expected.
IT/Tech company finance/operation experience.
CPA / MBA / CFA desirable but not expected.
Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus.