Japan Finance - Controller / Finance Manager
||■ About Lenovo F&A and this role
Lenovo F&A (管理財務部) houses a variety of roles from FP&A・Controller (経営管理), to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury/AR, offering a wide variety of skill and career development opportunities.
Japan Finance Controller works to support either one of the Japan business segment/function or in country FP&A depending on the specific position. S/he will be the primary finance partner to a GM/function leader helping drive business growth and in particular leads the financial planning process. S/he champions the business process control (discipline and framework), drives effectiveness and efficiency in reporting/analysis, providing timely and high-quality financial support to enable sound business decision making.
■ About Organization
- Manager: reports to Senior Finance Manager
- Number of Peers: approx 5-6; Segment/Function Controllers and FP&A in Japan
■ Roles and responsibilities (not limited to, but as an illustration)
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely data/analysis to keep management up to date, drawing on a cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences to execute an appropriate course of action.
- Partners with business leaders, developing financial strategies / solution in order to maximize business opportunity, improving the financial efficiency, and providing recommendations to complex business challenges.
- Initiates and influences business/function teams to adopt new financial analytics, systems/processes, and drives the overall company/function agenda for automation/digitization.
- Act as F&A lead for ad-hoc country wide projects / early stage initiatives.
- Track and manage budgets and headcounts. Reviews cost structure change proposals and investments and provide recommendations to them
■ Key Interaction with:
- Segment/Functional General Managers and sub-leaders, Japan CFO, AP HQ F&A teams, COE (Center of Excellence) team based in Dalian China.
3+ years experience in financial analysis, reporting, and/or data analytics, with emphasis on revenue/cost/profitability.
Systems and also specific application experience or ability to adopt (SAP, Qliksense, Power BI) is expected.
Positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
Tenacity and strong penetration into details.
Open to learn, adopt to new challenges, maturity to work in both advanced and primitive environment.
Advanced/business level English and Japanese.
Strong MS Excel/Powerpoint skills (processing/visualization).
Good to have
Working experience at international environment, matrix organization, and/or in mixed cultures.
No need to for demonstrated organization management experience, but preferably interest in developing teams.
MBA, CPA, and/or CFA desirable, but not required.
Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus.