Japan Segment Controller - Senior Finance Manager
||■ About Lenovo F&A and this role
Lenovo F&A (管理財務部) houses a variety of roles from FP&A・Controller (経営管理), to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury/AR, offering a wide variety of skill and career development opportunities.
The Japan Segment Controller works to support Japan Segment GM and his/her sales/operation in driving business growth and in particular leads the segment’s financial planning. S/he champions the business process control (discipline and framework), drives effectiveness and efficiency in reporting/analysis, providing timely and high-quality financial support to enable sound business decision making.
■ About Organization
- Manager: reports to Japan CFO / accountable to Japan Segment GM
- Subordinates: 1
- Number of Peers: approx 8-10; Segment/Function Controllers in Japan, Asia Pacific (AP) Segment Controller
■ Roles and responsibilities
Japan Segment Controller will lead the segment’s financial planning, partnering with the segments Sales, Marketing, Services functions, as well as Japan and AP Finance teams:
- Responsible for providing accurate data/analysis to keep management up to date, drawing on a cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences to execute an appropriate course of action.
- Drive business improvement by analyzing variances and trends, developing financial strategies / solution in order to maximize business opportunity, improving the financial efficiency, and providing recommendations to complex business challenges.
- Work with other function teams/leaders to ensure key decisions are made with strong data support, good risk/reward consideration, in a timely manner.
- Initiates and influences function teams to adopt new financial analytics and systems/processes.
- Act as F&A lead for ad-hoc country wide projects / early stage initiatives
■ Key Interaction with:
- Japan GM, Japan CFO, Segment/Functional General Managers and sub-leaders, AP CFO and AP HQ F&A team, COE (Center of Excellence) team based in Dalian China.
8+ years of experience in working in management accounting / business planning.
Working experience at international environment, with global team(s), and/or in mixed cultures.
Change Agent. Provocative thinking, engagement / influencing skills, stakeholder management.
Open to learn, adopt to new challenges, maturity to work in both advanced and primitive environment.
Advanced/business level English and Japanese.
Positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
Ability to multi-task / prioritize work in order to deliver against fast turnaround expectations.
Good to have
IT or related industry experience is an advantage.
Experience in a large multinational (e.g. Fortune 500), matrix organization is a plus.
MBA, CPA, and/or CFA desirable, but not required.
Broad systems and also specific application experience (SAP, Qliksense, Power BI), but also ability to take part in transforming legacy systems/processes.
Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus.