Data Center Group
Cloud Service Provider & Hyperscale Business Development Manager
||The Japan Business Development Manager of Cloud Service Providers & Hyperscale is a hunter position who responsible for bringing new logos, achieving quarterly Revenue and Margin dollar targets, whilst growing market share and new revenue stream for Lenovo Japan. As the overall Cloud Service Providers (aka CSP) & Hyperscale owner, responsibilities are broad, requiring strong Business and Financial acumen, as well as the ability to work in a highly matrixed organizational structure.
The position reports directly to the Director, Cloud Service Provider & Hyperscale, Asia Pacific.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Grow and develop country Cloud Service & Hyperscale business, single point of contact
• Ensure suitable pipeline coverage for all Data Center products
• Identify and manage strategic acquisition accounts for CSP segment, and work along with Account Executive
• Deliver sales presentations across all large CSP & hyperscale prospects and at large industry events, organize Customer Workshops and POC (Proof of Concept) to potential CSP customers.
• Drive tactical execution and traction of marketing programs applicable to CSP segment
• Engage with extended teams in responding to RFPs (Request for Proposals), product transition plans, and resource planning
• High level of interaction with Product Marketing and between other sales leads, including AEs, ISRs and channel partners
• Close engagement with Marketing, Strategic Alliances
• Increase market share and bring in New Logos for Lenovo Japan
• Able to articulate CSP capability and understand CSP customer requirements and work with product team to propose solutions
• Minimum 10 years business development/sales/technical experience, in or around the hyperscale, CSP (Cloud Service Provider), Telco market
• Quality years’ of experience in a similar role with a major player in the market
• At least a Bachelor Degree or Master's Degree (Preferable)
Key Competencies Required:
o Strong entrepreneurship and work individually as a business owner.
o Prior relationship with 3 or more of the following customers: Yahoo Japan, Line, Softbank, KDDI, NTT Docomo, Internet Initiative Japan, IDC Frontier, Rakuten, Sakura, CyberAgent, Dwango, Equinix, Fujitsu Cloud, GMO Internet, Gree.
o Proven sales track record in Sales Leadership, combined with a passion for the customer and the products that deliver unique value
o Able to manage multiple complex sales engagements whilst always positioning value
o Able to build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners
o Possess excellent communication skills – presentation, negotiation
o Able to work to aggressive targets and deadlines
o Strong leadership and evangelistic approach, imaginative, smart, passionate, approachable
o Self-motivator with a strong drive for success
o Strong Knowledge of the CSP/Telco industry and specific understanding of data center hardware
o Strong understanding of ODM, CSP market