Data Center Group
Professional Services Project Manager
||■Lenovo Professional Services is a pool of highly skilled, experienced IT engineering resources that:
- Improves business solutions for x86 servers, network, and data center services
- Focuses on solving the customer's business problem by architecting, designing, delivering, installing, optimizing, and providing skills transfers for Lenovo solutions & appliances which helps to sell Lenovo servers, storage, switches, appliances as well as other advanced Lenovo services.
■The Professional Services Project Manager will have three(3) key responsibilities:
· Project Management
· Vendor Management
· Internal Resource Allocation
■Project Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders (internal or partner)
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain weekly project tracking meetings with internal PS stakeholder (ie. Inside Solution Architect) and subcontracted vendors in Japan.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assign (and coordinate) projects to approved Professional Services delivery partners
- Ensure service delivery quality and completion of projects (including project sign-off) by service delivery partners
- Ensure service delivery partner complete assigned projects on time and on budget (based on agreed price)
- Identify and evaluate gaps in delivery that internal resources cannot fulfil and discuss with Delivery Director on identifying suitable delivery partners
- Assist in identifying and signing up local delivery partners
■Internal Resource Allocation
- Work with Delivery Director to manage the workload of internal consultants in Japan and assign projects/jobs to internal consultants based on backlog and utilization targets
- Ensure local consultants are sufficiently utilized but not overloaded.
- Efficiently use a mix of internal and external resources to achieve project delivery objective and customer satisfaction.
- IT background, preferably in the field of IT infrastructure services.
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in IT infrastructure projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good attitude and working ethics
- PMP is desirable but not mandatory
- Language communication skill(Japanese: Native, English: Fluent)