Senior Accounting Specialist
- Report to : Senior Accounting Manager
- Subordinates : #n/a
- Number of Peers : 3
■Roles and responsibilities
General accounting tasks (Routine activities and business support):
- Responsible for Japan’s month end close through cooperation with CoS (Shared Service Centre located in India and China resources).
- Monitor Trial Balance and analyze fluctuations.
- Monitor Monthly/Quarterly Balance Sheet review package provided by CoS and provide summary presentation to Japan CFO
- Operate fixed assets entry, release to asset classes and related matters.
- Drive mission critical tasks and special cases popped up
- Work with multiple departments on various projects and process improvements.
Audit and other statutory processes
- Support group audit
- Prepare J-GAAP financial statements converted from IFRS financial statements
- Support quarterly disclosure reporting
- Submit various data to Tax team
- Verbal, written and reading proficiency should be native level in Japanese
- 5+ years Accounting & Finance experience. ( Or 3+ years if candidate have CPA qualification and Audit Firm experience )
- ERP experience is required (SAP preferred)
- Business level English
- Sound communication skills, strong in negotiation, solution and execution.
- Ability to work under stress and manage this during peak seasons, end of fiscal year and audits
- General Accounting ( Review BS/PL, Accounts reconciliation, and so on ) experience
- Solid Accounting knowledge
-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / finance / management, or equivalent
-English （Business Level – Communicating with shared service center and World Wide Accounting team outside of Japan）
Good to have - desirable
-Work experience at Big 4 accounting firm (KPMG, E&Y, PwC, Deloitte)
- Experience in Multinational commercial company
-CPA (US/Japan/ or other countries)