Data Center Group
Principal Consultant, Cloud
||Lenovo Data Center Group is looking for a Principal Consultant Leader with a primary expertise in Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google or other Public Cloud technologies, hybrid cloud solutions such as AzureStack, Storage solution, Big Data or AI to join its Professional Services team. This position represents a rewarding opportunity to use your experience and skills in a dynamic, complex organization.
The Principal Consultant is responsible for representing and leading the delivery of strategic consulting service offerings. Principal Consultants lead all aspects of the development of project deliverables including solutions, architectural analysis, financial analysis and organizational impacts. The Principal Consultant effectively and accurately scopes customers’ projects and identifies and positions follow-on work with customers and stakeholders. The Principal Consultant can individually identify customers’ business challenges and articulate how highly complex technology solutions can help solve these, leveraging Subject Matter Experts within and outside of the Lenovo Professional Services organization to assist. The position requires a team player that seeks to supplement their skills using project experience, self-study, and ongoing training. They will be expected to assist and guide more junior resources through their problem resolution processes.
The ideal candidate can manage complex projects with minimal supervision and using their own initiative. Exposure to larger organizations and experience in both public and private companies are essential; excellent communication skills both publicly and with all our stakeholders (technical and executive, customers and internal to Lenovo) are required; consulting and senior management experiences also required.
This is an exciting role, you will build and leverage an ecosystem of internal technical specialists and partner capability to design end-to-end solutions for our customers. You will also think beyond just hybrid cloud and be the customer’s trusted advisor and principal point-of-contact for all aspects of IT Transformation, including data and application migration, disaster recovery, backup, virtual desktop infrastructure, internet of things, high performance computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and more. You are not expected to be the expert in all these areas, but you will have a cursory understanding and will know which experts to engage.
• Build personal relationships with Sales SMEs and C-Level customers to ensure early engagement in customers’ problem-and-solution determination process.
• Represent service offerings during the sales cycle, including project scoping, proposal development, and presenting proposals to clients
• Ensure that customer expectations are appropriately set and managed
• Facilitate strategy, roadmap, design, and planning workshops
• Lead technical project teams in the delivery of consulting service offerings
• Directly, or via an assigned Project Manager, drive and manage the objectives, requirements gathering, project tasks/milestone, project status, dependencies, and timelines, to ensure engagements are delivered successfully and on time while meeting the business objectives
• Final accountability for editing and sign off on project deliverables
• Presentation of deliverables to client executive management
• Technology thought leader and evangelist
• Build and leverage an ecosystem of internal technical specialists and partner capability to design end-to-end solutions for our customers. This will expand beyond hybrid cloud to encompass all aspects IT Transformation, including data and application migration, BURA, VDI, IoT, AI etc.
• Maintain a broad knowledge and understanding of the current and anticipated future state of the IT infrastructure marketplace including IT infrastructure trends, technologies, and standards
• Assist with the maintenance and development of solution offerings
• An understanding of how measuring hardware utilization can lead to a billing metric.
• Define and Deliver HW & SW offerings
• Determine technical requirements
• Author deploy & support processes
• Provide pre-sales support
• Provide information for marketing
• Train technical consultants
• Architect customers’ transformation blueprints
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
• 15+ years of experience in related areas including 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing infrastructure solutions for large companies
• Demonstrated track record with architecting enterprise system architectures
• Data Center transformations, designs and consolidations, virtualization (Server, Storage, Desktop)
• Hybrid cloud architectures and solutions - including cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure / Azure Stack, vRA/OpenStack/UCS vCD, vRO, Puppet/Chef and chargeback
• Architecting and solutioning of Amazon, Azure, Rackspace Cloud, and other public cloud technologies
• Experience with providing cost models (TCO/ROI) for financial alternative analysis
• Proven experience as a key technical resource leading development of solutions in client environments
• Experience as a Director or above position in an IT leadership role in industry and/or significant consulting experience
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
• Proven experience in technical consulting roles
• Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
• Proven team player and team builder
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to adapt to a multicultural working environment
• Results oriented individual with high degree of autonomy and pro-active mentality
• Fluency in English, additional languages an advantage