ThinkPad SW Development Senior Engineer
||About this position:
This position (Senior SW Development Engineer) is responsible for the software that will enhance the user experience of the next generation Lenovo PC and related products. This job involves in many aspects of software development, such as research on the specifications and behaviors of the latest Windows OS, defining the requirements and specifications of the device drivers from the new vendors, release management of the device driver packages, evaluation of the user experience of the next generation Lenovo PC and related products, and feedback into the products.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Research on the specifications and behaviors of the latest or next generation Windows OS
- Define key user scenario for the next generation Lenovo PC and related products.
- Define the requirements and specifications of the device drivers from the new vendors, and release management of the device driver packages
- If needed, define the specifications of the small utility software and develop it.
- Collaborating with human factor engineer, evaluate the user experience, and feedback into the product
- People management is NOT required
■Key Interaction with:
- System Development team, Lenovo Japan Yamato Lab
- Development team in Lenovo US, China, NECPC
- Lenovo GCM(Global Commodity Management)
- Marketing team, Lenovo PC product
- Portfolio team, Lenovo PC product
- Lenovo Research team
- US / China STIC team
- Device suppliers
- Programming (more than 5 years professional experience)
VC++, C, and C# etc,
Windows application / driver development
AI, Machine Learning
Architect / design the S/W solutions that utilizes AI or Machine Learning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Business in Japanese and English
TOEIC score: minimum 730
- Logical communication skill
Good to Have:
- Software UI design/development
- Device Driver / Application development for Android / Linux
- Plan and conduct the user testing and consider the result
- Architect / design the E2E S/W solutions, such as IoT and Cloud
- Knowledge on PC H/W, F/W and S/W
- Knowledge on Computing Trend
- Knowledge on various OS architecture (Windows, Android, Linux)
- Ordinal Japanese conversation
Japanese Language Proficiency Test: N2 or above is preferred.