Japan Financial Controller - Commercial SMB
||■ About Lenovo culture
Our culture defines us…it's our DNA. We call it the “We Are Lenovo” culture and it's the values we share and the business practices we deploy. It's how we address our day-to-day commitments. The “We Are Lenovo” culture is embodied in the statement: We do what we say, we own what we do, and we like to constantly wow our customers
CUSTOMERS in everything we do
Global TEAM players guided by integrity and TRUST
ENTREPRENEURS committed to driving change
INNOVATORS who relentlessly pursue new idea
Our culture is what has enabled us to consistently raise the bar on delivering break-through innovations, award-winning designs, and strong financial performance. To know more about who we are, visit https://www.lenovo.com/jp/ja/about/whoweare.
■ About Lenovo F&A and this role
Lenovo F&A (管理財務部) houses a variety of roles from FP&A・Controller (経営管理), to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury/AR, offering a wide variety of skill and career development opportunities.
The Financial Controller acts as the trusted partner of the Business segment leader in respective areas, supporting business growth and financial planning/operation. S/he champions the business process control (discipline and framework), drives effectiveness and efficiency in reporting/analysis, thus providing timely and high-quality financial support to enable sound business decision making.
■ About Organization
- Manager: Japan Commercial Controller
- Subordinates: n/a
- Number of Peers: approximately 6 (Segment Controllers and FP&A)
■ Roles and responsibilities
The Commercial Controller (SMB) will work as the Finance partner to support Japan SMB business by:
- leading financial strategy and modeling to deliver business objectives drawing on cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences, to execute an appropriate course of action
- driving business decision/activities including: analyzing variances and trends, capturing new / significant business opportunity, and improving the structural financials
- being responsible for maintaining discipline in his/her business area by establishing a strong framework
■ Key Interaction with:
- Japan GM, Japan CFO, Japan other function team, SMB Segment Lead, Commercial 4P/SOP, AP Segment Controller
3-5 year experience financial analysis and/or reporting, with particular emphasis on revenue/cost/expense.
Analytical proficiency with strong financial background
Positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
Ability to multi-task / prioritize work in order to deliver against fast turnaround expectations.
IT or related industry experience is an advantage.
Experience in a large multinational (e.g. Fortune 500), matrix organization is a plus.
Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.
Strong MS Excel / Powerpoint skills.
MBA, CPA, and/or CFA desirable, but not required.