Japan FP&A Senior Analyst
||■ About Lenovo culture
Our culture defines us…it's our DNA. We call it the “We Are Lenovo” culture and it's the values we share and the business practices we deploy. It's how we address our day-to-day commitments. The “We Are Lenovo” culture is embodied in the statement: We do what we say, we own what we do, and we like to constantly wow our customers
CUSTOMERS in everything we do
Global TEAM players guided by integrity and TRUST
ENTREPRENEURS committed to driving change
INNOVATORS who relentlessly pursue new idea
Our culture is what has enabled us to consistently raise the bar on delivering break-through innovations, award-winning designs, and strong financial performance. To know more about who we are, visit https://www.lenovo.com/jp/ja/about/whoweare.
■ About Lenovo F&A and this role
Lenovo F&A (管理財務部) houses a variety of roles from FP&A・Controller (経営管理), to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury/AR, offering a wide variety of skill and career development opportunities.
The FP&A Senior Analyst works to support Japan CFO & Japan FP&A Manager in respective areas, supporting business growth and financial planning/operation. S/he champions the business process control (discipline and framework), drives effectiveness and efficiency in reporting/analysis, thus providing timely and high-quality financial support to enable sound business decision making.
■ About Organization
- Manager: Japan FP&A Manager
- Subordinates: n/a
- Number of Peers: approximately 6 (Segment Controllers and FP&A)
■ Roles and responsibilities
Japan FP&A Sr. Analyst will work to support Japan CFO & Japan FP&A Manager.
- Responsible for providing accurate data/analysis to keep management up to date, drawing on a cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences to execute an appropriate course of action
- Driving business activities including: analyzing variances and trends, and developing Financial strategies/ solution in order to maximize Business opportunity and improve the financial efficiency and provide recommendations to complex business challenges
- Work with other function team to ensure that key decision data is accurate and timely
- Support to make other function team’s request (new idea) happen by updating the financial process designs
- Track and manage budgets and headcounts. Reviews cost structure change proposals and investments and provide recommendations to them
■ Key Interaction with:
- Japan CFO, Japan FP&A Manager, Japan other function team
- 3-5 year experience financial analysis and/or reporting, with particular emphasis on revenue/cost/expense.
- Analytical proficiency with strong financial background
- Positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to multi-task / prioritize work in order to deliver against fast turnaround expectations.
IT or related industry experience is an advantage.
- Experience in a large multinational (e.g. Fortune 500), matrix organization is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Strong MS Excel / Powerpoint skills.
MBA, CPA, and/or CFA desirable, but not required.