Data Center Group
DCG Storage Sales
||Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We are looking for driven leaders who thrive in a truly global company and culture.
This is a great opportunity to join Lenovo’s Asia Pacific Global Account Business organization and apply your expertise, sales leadership skills in a role that has high visibility and impact. This is a quota-carrying senior sales specialist role candidate will accountable in driving next generation sales in Lenovo’s Storage Solutions Business. Lenovo has developed and is partnering with the best of breed storage solutions providers in the market in addition to developing it’s own brand of enterprise grade storage solutions to create unrivaled hardware and software solutions. By combining the industry-leading reliability of Lenovo enterprise systems with market-leaders in the enterprises, Lenovo will be able to bring greater efficiency and agility to data centers world-wide.
The Lenovo AP Solutions Sales Team is a team of subject matter expert sellers with diverse sales skills across data center technologies and solutions. This expertise is employed broadly in driving next generation data driven solutions that enabling significant revenue and profit growth. To compete effectively for the next generation data center, specific consultative storage sales expertise and technical understanding of storage and data management is required:
- Traditional Three Tier Storage design.
- File Systems
- Data Management.
In this position, you will be leading the success of Lenovo account teams in selling Lenovo Storage Solutions in a consultative fashion related to your area of expertise with measurable sales objectives. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business plan with your team and extended team to meet and exceed assigned quota. Excellent consultative selling, technology selling, presentation, business management and communication skills are necessary. This position will be assigned to a specific region as part of Lenovo’s Asia Pacific territory. The successful candidate will work with Lenovo’s vast partner community in the designated territory.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Leadership capabilities in driving next generation storage and providing a consultative approach to storage design with clients. Partnership with the direct sales team along with the ecosystem of technical sellers, account executives and partners in Japan and AP
- Understand how to deliver on sales and business commitments and the ability to report back up to the business on a weekly basis based on territory assignment.
- Demonstrate excellence in the ability to drive Lenovo Storage opportunities with in Lenovo’s client base and acquisition prospects across all industries.
- Possess a deep knowledge of the I/T marketplace and can articulate the market dynamics in support of the benefits Storage solutions and interactions with compute, converged, hyperconverged and multi-cloud based architectures.
- Articulate Lenovo next generation data center solution benefits, strategic and technical offerings, and advantages relative to competitor offerings.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and mastery of key element s of the selling process (i.e., strategic sales planning, extended resource engagement, etc.).
- Have extensive experience selling to companies greater than 1 500 employees, complex selling cycle technology adopters, and Fortune 500 companies (both Private and Public Sector).
- Must have the ability to deliver the business value of Lenovo solutions, develop customer relationships, and expand on existing customer relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with complex strategic accounts calling on key decision makers at all levels of the account.
- Be an aggressive self-starter; little supervision required and be able to position storage solutions and articulate Lenovo product and service strategies to senior customer executives.
- Negotiate solutions t o issues with peers, management, senior executives and customers using a Win/Win philosophy
1. Drive to revenue and profit sales objectives for Lenovo’s Storage solutions business, specifically in delivering Lenovo’s next generation multi-cloud solutions.
2. Demonstrate business transformation and solution-selling approach.
3. Demonstrate executive relevance, and have ability to position complex solutions at senior IT and CxO level for Storage and Data Management solutions.
4. Demonstrate influence over Customer's & Partner’s strategy/behavior.
5. Demonstrate clear awareness of data center solutions market pressure s, trends, and transitions.
6. Understand and articulate Lenovo’s vision, strategy and architectural approach to data center solutions.
7. Work in partnership with regional sales teams and partners to drive data center solutions business.
8. Establish and maintain excellent relationships with regional sales management.
9. Work with channel partners in territory and help them plan and execute a Lenovo data center solutions sales plan.
10. Partner with the channel team s to increase partner coverage in all market segments.
11. Work with Marketing and Product Management teams to develop and launch sales initiatives to increase pipeline in territory.
12. Regional travel required.
||BA/BS degree or equivalent with a minimum of 10+ years of successful experience managing a sales territory in a growing business environment (including prospecting, replacing an incumbent/competitor, and protecting the installed base) is essential
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience selling data center technologies specifically in thestorage and Data Management space.
- Proven track record in leading and winning major Server, Networking, and/or Storage business.
- Ideal candidate will have proven experience selling Storage Solutions.
- Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as good listening and strong presentation skills
- Experienced in multi-level selling and comfortable in influencing CxOs, IT Directors, Systems Managers, IT Managers, etc.
- Understand, articulate and position Lenovo’s Storage and data center solutions both internally and externally.
- Strong solutions focused selling expertise for specific technologies based around a combination of Application, Server, Virtualization, Networking and Storage technologies
- Must have in-depth knowledge of competitors and the best sales strategy to compete against them including HP, Cisco, Dell, EMC, and Oracle.
- Ability to work unsupervised and lead Sales engagement s with Lenovo’s partners for Flex business.
- Strong team p layer and ability to lead a multi-functional virtual team.
- Open to change and has ability to adapt to Lenovo’s culture.