Chief Accountant of Lenovo Japan & NECPC & DCG Japan_Band 9
||Report To: Dir. Accounting, WW Accounting (located in China)
Dotted Report To: Japan CFO
People Management: Yes – 3
1. As manager:
1) Lead Lenovo Japan Chief Accounting team to support Lenovo Japan, NECPC, and DCG business.
2) Manage local team in Japan and work with extended team of subordinates in remote locations (Dalian).
3) Responsible for people development, successor plan and organization transformation to adopt changing environment.
4) Maintain a management system and process to ensure all team members deliver their tasks and achieve KPIs.
2. Routine activities and business support:
1) Accounting practice review and compliance control
2) Lead local team to complete NECPC month end close.
3) Prepare and submit NECPC’s reporting package to external reporting team in Hong Kong
4) Manage Lenovo Japan month end close thru cooperation with CoS (BPO vendor Accenture located in Chennai, India and Dalian, China) resources.
5) Operation review with CoS to understand the reconciliation status and risks and to identify actions needed
6) Monthly/Quarterly Balance Sheet review with Japan/AP CFO and Corporate Chief Accountant
7) Lead or support mission critical tasks and special cases popped up
8) Special projects of process improvement, system enhancement, organization transformation
9) Establish and build strong working relationships with business leaders and other Accounting/Finance teams to ensure the successful delivery of services to accounting’s customers.
3. Audit and other statutory items:
1) Group audit support
2) Quarterly disclosure reporting
3) Local statutory filing for all Japan legal entities
4) SPL (Special Purpose Ledger) maintenance
5) Collaboration with Tax team
1. Bachelor or above degree. Finance/Accounting education background. CPA (either US CPA or Japanese CPA is fine)/MBA qualification preferred. (日商簿記検定1級(a kind of accounting skill test in Japan) – not required but preferable)
2. 8-15 years of professional service working experience in Accounting function; Big 4 or MNC experience is a plus.
3. Proficient written and verbal English skill. (TOEIC score: 800 or above –not required but preferable)
4. Sound communication skills
5. Team work spirit, management skills.
6. ERP knowledge is required (SAP preferred).
7. High level of attention to accuracy and detail.
8. Strong sense of risk awareness.
9. Customer oriented and e2e process view is required.
10. Self motivated and be able to motivate team. Able to work under pressure. Able to handle multiple tasks and stay organized
11. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time independently in conditions of ambiguity, ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
12. Strong capability to convey messages through use of presentations.